Longer wear life & a more sustainable solution with new Sandvik Optitooth™ Premium jaw plates
As part of our commitment and continued focus to develop products which benefit both our customers and add value to them, we are also striving to make the shift towards more sustainable business and lower our global carbon footprint.
Following the success of our Optitooth™ range, we are delighted to launch our next aftermarket product, and introduce a brand-new version of our Optitooth™ jaw plates; OPTITOOTH™ PREMIUM.
This innovative new offering combines the benefits of the original Optitooth™ but now with enhanced quality for longer life, and is manufactured with a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions, resulting in a much lower environmental impact.
Initial test results have proven the new Optitooth™ Premium offering to last up to an additional 10% longer than the standard Optitooth™ offering.*
Sandvik Optitooth™ jaw plates were designed primarily to increase wear life for our customers. We wanted to design a jaw plate which would last longer than your average jaw plate, whilst at the same time bringing with it a number of customer benefits to optimize productivity and lower overall operating costs.
The profile was designed for a higher percentage of the jaw to be utilized resulting in longer wear life and less manganese waste. It was redesigned to make it easier for removal, thereby reducing maintenance time and ultimately downtime, saving time as well as money.
The improved profile also brings with it a number of additional benefits which all contribute to improved product shape. The unique profile was designed around the production of a more cubical material and reduction of elongated slab material which can cause blocking issues for secondary cone crushers.
The key customer benefits of Optitooth™ Premium can be summarized as follows:
- Longer wear life - Average output increased by over 30% per hour and wear life increased upwards of 40%*.
- Better fuel economy - In addition to the increased wear performance, customers have seen benefits in relation to fuel economy. The improved transfer of material results in lower engine loading with faster material passage through the crushing chamber. Results have proven a saving of up to 15%* less fuel.
- Improved product quality - Improved design allows for better breakage and improved material flow resulting in a more cubical and higher quality product shape.
- Reduced service time - The unique design makes the plates easier to turn over or replace, saving you time and money
- Increased production - All of the above results in increased efficiency and higher productivity by up to 20%*
- A more sustainable solution - Optitooth Premium are manufactured with a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions, lowering your carbon footprint.
Convenient ready-to-order parts packages
We also have a number of ready-to-order Optitooth™ kits. These have been designed to simplify your service and increase maintenance efficiency. Tailor-made they are designed around the natural usage of the wear parts, and offer all components you need with just one part number.
All the necessary components are supplied with the kit to keep your crushing chamber operating at optimal performance.
*In comparison to standard jaw plates.
For more information contact:
Marketing Communications Manager,
Sandvik Mobile Crushers and Screens
Tel: +44 (0)7725 259151
Sandvik is a global high-tech engineering group offering solutions that enhance productivity, profitability and sustainability for the manufacturing, mining and infrastructure industries. We are at the forefront of digitalization and focus on optimizing our customers’ processes. Our world-leading offering includes equipment, tools, services and digital solutions for machining, mining, rock excavation and rock processing as well as advanced materials. In 2021 the Group had approximately 44,000 employees and revenues of about 99 billion SEK in about 150 countries.
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions
Business area Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, parts, service, digital solutions and sustainability-driving technologies for processing rock and minerals in the mining and construction industries. Applications include crushing, screening, breaking and demolition. In 2021, sales were approximately 7.6 billion SEK with about 2,100 employees.